You must be aged 18 years or over to avail of products and services offered on the Website. If you are aged below 18 years, please ensure your use of the Website is consented to by your parent or legal guardian.
- Collection of your personal information and other identifiable information
- When you use our Website, we collect and store your personal information about you, provided by you, from time to time.
- Personal Information (“PI”) under the IT Act is defined to include any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available, or likely to be available, is capable of identifying such person by a body corporate. Further, we may also collect certain information classified as sensitive personal data and information (“SPDI”) which, under Indian Privacy law constitutes information relating to (i) passwords; (ii) financial information; (iii) physical, physiological and mental health conditions; (iv) sexual orientation; (v) medical records and history; (vi) biometric information; (vii) any detail relating to the above, as provided to a body corporate for providing services; and (viii) any of the information received under the above by a body corporate, for processing or storing data under lawful contract, or otherwise. SPDI does not include any information that is freely available or accessible in the public domain, or that is furnished under any law.
- We, or third parties on our behalf, may collect and use the following PI about you: (i) Your name, including your title; (ii) Your contact number(s); (iii) Your e-mail address; (iv) Your postal address; (v) Your age; (vi) Your gender; (vii) Information provided when you correspond with us; (viii) Updates to the information you have already provided to us; (ix) PI we obtain from third-party sources (e.g. APIs, URLs); and/or (x) Technical and behavioral information about you regarding your use of the Website.
- We may also collect SPDI pertaining to financial data (for example, canceled cheques) and/or biometric data (Aadhar, PAN) about you, for compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC)/Anti Money Laundering (AML) requirements under applicable law. We will ensure this data is collected, stored, secured and processed in accordance with the IT Act and applicable law.
- Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you with a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience, which allows us to provide services and features that strive to meet your needs and make your experience safer and easier. More importantly, while doing so, we only collect PI and SPDI from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose and providing our Services. In general, you can browse the Website without providing us with information regarding who you are or without revealing any PI about yourself.
- You provide us with your PI voluntarily. Once you provide your PI to us, either by signing up through our portal or signing in through an associate API (such as Google or Facebook), you are no longer anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional for you to fill in. You always have the option to not provide us with your information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Website. We may, however, automatically track desensitized information about you based on your behavior on the Website. We use this information to do internal research on our User demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you accessed our Website through (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your internet browser information, and your IP address.
- If you choose to post messages on our Message Boards, chatrooms, other message areas or if you choose to leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide User support and troubleshoot problems, as may be necessary, and as is permitted under applicable law.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about you and your activities or postings on the Website, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
- We collect PI and SPDI from you when you set up an account with us/ register with us. While you can browse some sections of our Website without being a registered member, certain features (such as making a donation/contribution, creating a campaign) do require registration. We use the collected contact information to send you relevant information such as receipts, certificates, upcoming events, newsletters, etc.
- We also provide certain data to the Campaigner, to interact with you and send you relevant or required information of the type aforementioned, as well as to complete certain transactions and fulfil commitments, such as but not limited to, rewards, updates, etc. After your data is made accessible to a Campaigner, the Campaigner may use your data to send you information about other similar campaigns, communication about an NGO represented by him and/or other causes such as Campaigner may be supporting and inviting a donation of funds for.
- Use of Demographic, Profile Data and Your Information
- We use your personal information to provide you with the services you choose to avail of. To the extent we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, we will provide you with the ability to opt-out of such uses, if you do not wish to receive such communication. To opt-out of being on such calls, SMS, e-mail and/or other communication lists, you may e-mail us at contact[at]eswachh[dot]world and we will ensure you do not receive such communications in the future.
- We may use your personal information to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, help promote a safe service, collect money either directly by us or through an authorized payment gateway facility, measure User-interest in Fundraisers hosted on the Website, inform you about updates, customize your experience, detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity, enforce our terms and conditions, and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyze demographic and user data about our Users’ activity on our Website. We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information related to you.
- Sharing your personal information
- By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the information being shared with our group companies or third-party service providers, where it is in our legitimate interest to do so for administrative or business purposes (such as corporate strategy, auditing, and monitoring, quality assurance).
- We will not share your SPDI, i.e., your password, biometric or financial information such as bank account or other payment instrument details, your sexual orientation etc. that is not essential for your continued use of the Website, with any third parties or disclose to it to any person other than as required by applicable law.
- We may share your PI with our other corporate and/or associated entities and affiliates to (i) help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts and cybersecurity incidents, (ii) help and detect co-related/related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services and (iii) facilitate joint or co-branded services that you request, where such services are provided by more than one associate entity. Those entities and affiliates may not directly market their products and/or services to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-in.
- While transferring your PI to another body corporate or natural person, for purposes necessary to perform contractual obligations to you, we will make sure that, as is required by applicable laws, the same level of data protection adhered to by us is adhered to by such entity to whom the data is being transferred.
- We may also disclose and use anonymized, aggregated reporting and statistics about Users of the Website and interaction with our products and services for reporting purposes, or for marketing and promotion purposes. None of these reports or statistics will enable our Users to be personally identified.
- Save as expressly stated above, we will never share, sell or rent any of your PI to a third party without notifying you, and where necessary, obtaining your consent. If you have permitted us to use your PI in a certain way, but later change your mind, you can contact our Grievance Officer and we will stop doing so.
- Retaining your information
- We keep your PI and SPDI for no longer than is necessary for the purposes that your PI/SPDI was collected and processed. The length of time for which we retain your PI or SPDI depends on the purpose for which we collect and use it, and/or as is required to comply with applicable law and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- Links to Other Sites
- Our Website links to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. Such other websites are not operated by ESWACHH and are only provided for your convenience.
- ESWACHH is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites and does not endorse or accept responsibility or liability for the content of such third-party websites or third party terms and conditions.
- Security Precautions/ Security Breach
- Our Website has stringent security measures in place, as required under law, to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession, we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access. Our web hosts, transaction affiliates, etc., all use industry grade and standardized methods to protect your information from any misuse.
- If any User has sufficient reason to believe their SPDI, which we explicitly do not share with third parties, has been compromised, or there has been a breach of security due to a cybersecurity incident, you may write to our Grievance Officer immediately at the contact details mentioned below in, so that we may take suitable measures to either rectify such a breach and inform the concerned authorities of a cybersecurity incident.
- To report abuse on the Website, not being a cybersecurity incident, a User may click on the ‘Report Abuse’ tab found at the bottom of the page and provide details of the abuse. Upon receiving such information ESWACHH will examine the abuse and take suitable and necessary steps to remedy it.
- Where you have chosen a password, which enables you to access your online account with ESWACHH, you have the responsibility to ensure that your password remains confidential and only you have access to your online account.
- Advertisements on ESWACHH
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number and generally other information which may identify you personally) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Your Consent
- The donors/contributors hereby permit ESWACHH to share their PI such as their name, email address, contact information to the respective Campaigner and beneficiaries of the donations made by the donors via the Website.
- Retention of Information
- Information provided by you to ESWACHH is processed, stored and retained through our secured servers.
- Our web hosts and agency managing your information are compliant with IS/ISO/IEC27001 or an equivalent in standards of Security Techniques and Information Security Management System Requirements.
- In accordance with IT Act and rules made thereunder, we have appointed a Grievance Officer to handle any arising concerns and grievances. The contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below: Name: CP Singh Email: contact[at]eswachh[dot]world Time: Mon-Fri (10:00hrs – 18:00hrs)
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Additional provisions applicable to EU residents only
- The terms and conditions contained herein are only applicable to Users of the Website located and residing in the EU (“EU Users”). This section is not applicable to ESWACHH’s Users located and residing in India or other jurisdictions.
- With respect to the personal information you provide us with, you have certain rights that you may exercise: (i) Right of access: you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. (ii) Right to update: you have the right update information you may have provided to us that is out of date or incorrect. (iii) Right to delete: you have the right to ask us to delete any information we hold pertaining to you in specific circumstances. (iv) Right to restrict the use of your information: you have the right to ask us to restrict how we process your personal information in certain circumstances. (v) Right to stop marketing: you have the right to restrict us from using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. (vi) Right to data portability: you have the right to ask us to provide your personal information to a third party provider of services. (vii) Right to object: you may ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to use of your personal information where we process your personal information on the basis of our, or another person’s legitimate interest.
- If you would like to actively exercise any of your rights, or require more information regarding the steps we take to protect your personal information, you may contact our Grievance Officer. We will consider all your requests and provide our response to you within a reasonable period of time.
What information do we collect?
ESWACHH collects information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletters, respond to a survey, fill out a form or become a member. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. Please note the registration is subject to approval by the committee members.
What if the order is rejected?
In case of rejection, the payment will be credited back in as per prevailing RBI Guidelines through the mode of payment via which the customer has paid ESWACHH
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information ESWACHH collects from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website / Mobile app – We continually strive to improve our digital platform offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
ESWACHH implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database, Our data centers and service providers are ISO 27001:2013 certified and PCI-DSS compliant.which is only accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
ESWACHH does not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. ESWACHH may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
What about Third-party links?
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
ESWACHH is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), as we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Other Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://www.eswachh.world/.